Why Preventative Plumbing Services Are Important For Your Home
Severson Plumbing Offers Expert, Experienced Services to Protect Your Property
Mission Viejo CA homeowners can prevent costly plumbing repairs by using preventative plumbing services. A trained and experienced plumber can detect signs of trouble or minor issues and repair them before they become a major headache.
Preventative maintenance helps keep your plumbing system operating at top efficiency while reducing utility costs. Here are a few of the benefits of preventative plumbing services:
- Improved plumbing system performance
- Better water heater efficiency and safety
- Extended water heater lifespan
- Reduced overall plumbing expenses
Here are just a few of the preventative plumbing services a professional plumber can provide to keep your system running at peak levels:
- Inspection of sinks and toilets for small leaks. These leaks can worsen over time and waste gallons of water every day. Leaks can lead to water damage to counters, walls, ceilings, floors, and vanities that tack on additional costs along with the plumbing repairs.
- Removal and cleaning of faucet aerators to improve water flow. Dirty aerators lead to uneven spraying from faucets or sink hoses or weak water spray, resulting in wasted water, messy cleanups and higher utility bills.
- Checking for running toilets. Parts in a toilet can wear down and waste vast amounts of water. If you need to jiggle the handle, it means there’s a problem that needs to be fixed.
- Draining water heaters to remove any sediment built up at the bottom of the tank.
- Inspection of the water heater burner and repair any clogs.
- Clean drains from sinks and bathtubs to remove hair, soap residue and other material that may create clogs and slow drainage.
- Inspection of the garbage disposal to ensure proper functioning. Garbage disposals can develop leaks that lead to ruined floors and cabinets and damage to items stored there.
- Inspection of washing machine hoses to look for kinks, leaks or signs of wear that can lead to bursts.
Homeowners to the Rescue
Homeowners can help stop major plumbing problems too by contacting an experienced plumber like Severson Plumbing at the first signs of trouble. What should you look for?
- Major changes to your water bill that can’t be explained.
- Strange sounds coming from pipes or faucets when opening or closing, which can indicate that pipe supports may be deteriorating and be ready to burst.
- Rusty or other colors in your water, which means pipes may be corroded.
- Dampness or walls that “weep” around the concrete slab of your home. This may be an indication of a hidden slow leak that can become a major problem fast.
At Severson Plumbing, we have more than 20 years of experience helping Mission Viejo CA homeowners with plumbing issues large and small. Whether it’s preventative plumbing maintenance, routine kitchen and bathroom plumbing issues, repiping and installation, or sewer inspections and cleaning, we offer fast, thorough plumbing service. If you have a plumbing emergency, you can count on Severson Plumbing for 24-hour, 7-day a week service to solve your plumbing concerns.